Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Beginning of My Pentax Journey


Like most people, I was oblivious to the brand Pentax when I first ventured into “serious” photography. Actually, all I was looking for was the most affordable used DSLR I could find in the market to start learning how to take better photos.
I stumbled upon PhotoMalaysia buy/sell forum and found a very good bargain. A Samsung GX-1S was on sale with twin kit lens of an 18-55mm and 50-200mm at only RM1000 (this was in 2008) Now, I don’t know that much about cameras, but I knew enough that lenses are expensive and if you get two lenses AND a camera body for RM1000 (USD300), that must be a bargain. You know what, I still think it was a pretty good bargain even today!
There my journey into DSLR photography started and to my pleasant surprise, the camera I brought is exactly the same as the Pentax *ist DS2!







It’s been three years now and I have found much enjoyment in my digital photography hobby. Therefore, I would love to share my experience, personal lens reviews and tips which I found useful here in this blog, especially about Pentax equipment.


I hope you will enjoy this blog as much as I enjoy writing it!



0 comments:

Post a Comment